We have several research ongoing research projects at any time. Please review the list below and let us know if you are interested in any of the ongoing studies. Our projects typically require you to fill out questionnaires about your hearing or general health. They may also involve tests of your hearing. These tests are done using earphones that are similar to the ear buds used to listen to music or speak on the telephone. Our research projects are held in Evanston on the campus of Northwestern University. Although we often have projects with multiple centers around the country. Parking in Evanston is provided and each session lasts 2 to 3 hours at the longest.
If you or your child are interested in participating in a study please contact us at:
email@example.com or call (847) 467-0123.
The Influence of Patient Psychosocial Behaviors on Hearing Aid Use and Outcomes in an Over-the-Counter Delivery Model
This project will explore how patient attitudes and behaviors change over a trial with the Bose SoundControlTMSelf-Fitting Hearing Aid.
You could be eligible if you:
Are above the age of 50 years old
Perceive trouble hearing
Are a first-time hearing aid user
If eligible you could:
Receive $100 for your time
Learn more about your hearing difficulties
Trial an FDA cleared self-fitting hearing aid
This project has been reviewed and approved by the Institutional Review Board of Northwestern University with Dr. Sumitrajit Dhar and Dr. Jasleen Singh as Principal Investigators (STU00216400). This project is funded by the American Hearing Research Foundation.
If you are interested in participating in a study please contact Jasleen Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aging of the Inner Ear
This project explores early signs of auditory aging that may be detectable using otoacoustic emissions (OAEs) and other auditory tasks.
You could be eligible if:
- You are between 18-23, 30-39, or 50-59 years of age
- You have no known hearing loss or perceived difficulty hearing in either ear
- You do not have a history of middle ear infections, other ear disease, or ear surgery
- You do not have a history of noise exposure (e.g., shooting guns, working around loud machinery, or frequently being around loud music without hearing protection)
- You are able to travel to our laboratory on Northwestern University’s Evanston Campus
- Participate for 1-8 hours, in visits scheduled at your convenience (including evenings and weekends)
- Receive $20 per hour of participation
- Receive reimbursement for your local travel expenses
- Receive a hearing evaluation